Invisalign aligner system straightens teeth just as effectively as traditional braces. Invisalign aligners are clear removable braces that create an aesthetic treatment option for all. At Farrow and Dewbre Orthodontics ALL patients or prospective patients are Invisalign candidates! This is much different than what you might hear in any other orthodontist or dentist office.
Invisalign treatment straightens teeth by incrementally moving teeth into their desired position. It is a whole different way of moving teeth and does take a very skilled professional to use this appliance. Dr. Farrow and Dewbre are Elite Preferred Diamond Plus providers and have completed extensive continuing education to be able to offer Invisalign for even the most difficult cases.
Invisalign is the world’s most advanced clear aligner. With 20 years of research, 900+ patents, the world’s largest 3D printing operation and data from 5.5 million smiles you can trust Invisalign aligners.
Why Choose Invisalign?
There are far more advantages to Invisalign than disadvantages. Invisalign treatment:
- Is very aesthetic in that it uses clear aligners versus a mouth full of metal or ceramic and wires
- Reduces the need for many emergency or comfort appointments, as there is never a poking wire or broken bracket
- Is much more gentle and consistent in its pressure, thereby creating a more comfortable experience
- Is removable, allowing the patient to remove it to eat anything they chose to eat while they are in orthodontic treatment
- Is very hygienic since aligners can be removed to thoroughly brush and floss the teeth throughout the day
- Can reduce treatment times since the trays are changed once a week it is a very active appliance
What to expect with Invisalign treatment.
Your Invisalign treatment starts with a consultation at our Edmond, Oklahoma City, or Clinton orthodontic office. Dr. Farrow and Dr. Dewbre will examine your teeth and show you what Invisalign treatment can do for you. To get your personalized treatment plan, we use a fast, precise iTero® digital scan (no goopy putty required). Then Dr. Farrow and Dr. Dewbre will map out a custom treatment plan just for you. You'll even get to preview your new smile! Your aligners are customized for you based on the doctors’ expertise and your needs.
From the first day of treatment to the last, you're never on your own — Dr. Farrow and Dr. Dewbre will be with you every step of your way. Live your life without interruptions. Your life moves fast, and with Invisalign clear aligners, nothing will slow you down. There are fewer appointments with Invisalign because Dr. Farrow and Dr. Dewbre have completed your custom treatment plan reflected in your weekly aligners.
Length of treatment with Invisalign aligners varies depending on the degree of crowding and bite discrepancy. Cosmetic alignment is often 12 months. Alignment with minor bite correction can be 15 to 18 months and more severe bite discrepancies, including crowding, crossbites and impactions can take 18 to 24 months.
Life with Invisalign
Wearing your aligners
- You'll be ready for anything, from movie night to coffee with friends. Just take your aligners out to eat and drink, then brush your teeth before putting them back in.
- Invisalign aligners are only effective if they are in the mouth. Wear your Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for best results.
- Wear rubber bands as prescribed.
- Parents, your teen's aligners will have blue compliance indicators to assure you they’re wearing them enough.
Getting new sets of aligners
- You'll wear each set of aligners for one to two weeks, as prescribed by your doctor.
- Good fitting aligners should not impair your speech or affect your daily life. If your aligners are not adapting to your teeth properly they likely aren’t expressing the tooth movement that is prescribed. For this reason, monitor your aligners’ fit and stay in touch with the doctors or team if there is a concern.
- You’ll probably schedule checkups every 10 to 12 weeks to check your progress and pick up the next batch of aligners. Fewer doctor visits mean more time to enjoy life.
- When you start wearing each new set of aligners, you may feel a little extra pressure or discomfort for the first few days, which is totally normal.
Cleaning your aligners
- Rinse your aligners every night and brush them gently with your toothbrush to keep them fresh and clean.
- Use the Invisalign cleaning system to keep your aligners clear.
How much does Invisalign® cost?
Costs can vary, but the results are priceless. Every smile is unique. So is every budget. The cost of Invisalign treatment is similar to braces, but that’s where the similarity ends. Insurance coverage is the same for Invisalign as for traditional braces. Insurance may cover a significant portion, depending on your plan. Use tax-free dollars in your flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) toward Invisalign treatment. We also offer low monthly payments—ask us about flexible, affordable monthly payment plans.
Your Invisalign Home
Drs. Farrow and Dewbre are committed to offering Invisalign to all patients. They have completed an enormous amount of CE to learn to use the Invisalign system as efficiently as traditional braces. Being a Diamond Plus provider provides you with peace of mind knowing that we are Invisalign experts. We continue to incorporate new mechanics to achieve amazing smiles with aesthetic clear aligners.